As a church, we began life in 1924 in the Langdale Valley and, over the years, we grew and moved to various locations in the Lake District before settling in Bowness-on-Windermere where we were based for many years. Recently, the Lord led us to our new home, The Mission, located on the corner of Queens Park, Windermere where, in 2024, we will be celebrating our 100th Anniversary.
We believe God is building his church here in our community and we believe that He will inspire us to greater things in the future.
- To be a healthy, growing and prayerful church which is led by the Holy Spirit and where the Bible is studied and applied.
- To be a church which worships and honours God in all it does.
- To be a united church in which people grow in spiritual maturity and build one another up in their faith in Jesus Christ.
- To be a welcoming church which is based in, and lovingly serving, its local community as well as the many visitors who flock to Windermere for rest and refreshment.
- We have a passion to see people come to know Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.
Our vision for our new location
On the morning of June 8th 2022, God spoke to me and said three words for the future vision for Lakes Christian Centre and they are: SECURITY, HEALING and GROWTH.
“Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.” So, God said to Noah, “This is the sign of the covenant I have established between me and all life on the earth”.
The rainbow says everything about security. It is seen as God’s protection, a sign of the Covenant between God and man. Protection equals security.
“As the man went eastward with a measuring line in his hand, he measured off a thousand cubits and then led me through water that was ankle-deep. He measured off another thousand cubits and led me through water that was knee-deep. He measured off another thousand and led me through water that was up to the waist”.
As we learn to trust and be secure in our walk with God, He will take us into a deeper relationship with Him. A relationship which will lead to, not just physical healing, but spiritual, mental and emotional healing too.
“He measured off another thousand, but now it was a river that I could not cross, because the water had risen and was deep enough to swim in”.
I believe God is showing us that He wants us to dive into the spiritual waters and grow in our understanding of the Word of God (the Bible), in our prayer life, in our using of the Gifts of the Spirit and in our love for Jesus Christ and each other.
What we believe
- We believe in one God, the Creator of all things. He exists in three persons, God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and consistent Word of God, without error in the original manuscripts, and the supreme and final authority in doctrine and practice.
- We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. In His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death and atonement through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection and in His expected personal return in power and glory, to rule eternally.
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God. And that, in order to receive forgiveness and the ‘new birth’ we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and submit to His will for our lives.
- We believe that every believer should be baptised in water and, that every believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the power and significance of the local church and the necessity of believers to meet regularly together, for teaching from God’s word, prayer, communion and fellowship.
- We believe that God has individually equipped us, and the Holy Spirit has empowered us to successfully achieve His purpose in our lives, which is to worship Him, fulfil our role in the church and serve our communities.